Skin Treatment for Wrinkles and Lines in Indianapolis and Carmel
Turkle & Associates Plastic Surgery and Dermatology
Wrinkle & Line Skin Treatments Indianapolis & Carmel IN
In our practice, people who want a dermatologist to evaluate them for non-surgical skin treatments for wrinkles and lines, see Turkle & Associates board certified dermatologist, Dr. Matt Strausburg.
We invite you to continue reading for frequently asked questions and more information about wrinkles and lines on your skin and how treatments we do can help.
Treatments for Wrinkles and Lines
Thankfully, we have many non-surgical procedures and treatments for skin wrinkles, lines and more. Our skin treatments fight these signs of skin aging to help make your skin brighter, smoother and give you a more youthful appearance. If you want to plump skin, smooth wrinkles and lines, tighten sagging skin and even increase skin collagen and elastin, we can help!
Please click the procedure links below for our pages with detailed information about treatments for wrinkles, lines and more including prices, videos links to before and after photos:
Some of the above treatments are lighter and appropriate for those with fine lines and some are for people with deeper wrinkles and folds.
Treatments skin wrinkles and lines will be performed by either a doctor, nurse or by our licensed medical aestheticians at Phases Skin Care & Laser Center. After taking your history and examining your skin, we will let you know what will work best for you.
What Causes Skin Wrinkles and Lines?
There are many causes of skin wrinkles and lines – many you can control with lifestyle changes. Wrinkles, fine lines, skin folds, creases, furrows and skin sagging are caused by a loss of skin collagen and elastin which keep your skin plump and resilient. They can also be caused by muscle actions which leave permanent changes in the skin which sits on top of the muscle.
What You Can Control
- Smoking – smoking, and use of other nicotine products, makes skin age faster. Nicotine constricts blood flow which reduces oxygen to your skin. This contributes to wrinkle and line formation plus it makes your skin look dull. Plus, the puckering action used to smoke can cause permanent wrinkles around your mouth. Try to quit smoking.
- Diet & Nutrition – sugar and other carbohydrates have been shown to contribute to the aging process. So, to keep your skin looking young, eat healthfully, meaning lots of fruits, vegetables and fish (especially salmon) while limiting sweets and other carbohydrates.
- Alcohol Use – alcohol is a carbohydrate, as mentioned above. In the short-term, alcohol causes dehydration (loss of water/moisture) to your entire body, including your skin. Moisture adds volume to your skin and helps to keep your skin looking young and plump. Long-term overuse of alcohol can cause permanent skin changes.
- Sun Exposure – the sun is the number one cause of wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin and more. Avoid the sun, (including tanning beds) and always use sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher on any exposed skin, even if you are not planning on being directly in the sun. If you like the the way your skin looks with a tan, use self-tanner.
- About Sleep – certain hormones necessary to keep your skin looking young are generated during sleep. Plus, if you don’t get enough sleep, your body produces a hormone that contributes to skin aging. Sleep position is important too – sleeping on your side or stomach can contribute to facial wrinkles and folds. It’s best to sleep on your back and try to get about 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Facial Expressions – repeatedly using facial muscles to make facial expressions can cause permanent skin creases, grooves, fine lines and wrinkles. These are commonly seen around your eyes and mouth, forehead or between your eyes. Facial expressions to avoid include frowning, puckering to sip through a straw or smoke and squinting. Wearing sunglasses and using your reading glasses to avoid squinting is very helpful in preventing crows feet and other fine lines.
- Exercise – the act of exercising increases blood flow in your body. This increase helps more oxygen get to your skin, making it look younger.
- Home Skin Care – you should gently wash your face at least once a day and always remove makeup. Moisturizer helps wrinkles and fine lines look less noticeable and high quality skin care products can help reverse damage to the skin. When using skin care products on your face, don’t forget to also treat your neck, chest and hands. We can recommendation the skin care products that will work best for you.
- Professional Skin Care – professional skin care from simple procedures like facials to deeper laser treatments can reduce the chance of pre-mature aging and repair damaged skin with wrinkles and lines.
What You Can’t Control
- Genetic Influence – your genetics are hereditary body characteristics which are built-in at birth. Your genetics are pre-programmed by your DNA and are passed to you by your parents. Controlling what you can, in terms of your lifestyle, will help your skin look the best it can look.
- External Factors – some external factors are difficult, if not impossible to control. Gravity and pollution are examples. Again, to help your skin appear more youthful, lifestyle changes can help.
Following the above recommendations can help to reverse, reduce or even prevent wrinkles and lines and help your skin look the best it can, and it’s never too late to start!
Makeup and Sunscreen & Skin Care Products for Wrinkles and Lines
Any of our non-prescription makeup, sunscreen and skin care products for people concerned with skin wrinkles and lines can be purchased in our online store here. They can also be purchased at our office or by calling us at 317-848-0001.
To view information about the specific lines we carry, please click the appropriate link below:
- Skinprint Skin Care Products
- SkinMedica Sunscreen and Skin Care Products
- Colorescience Mineral Makeup, Sunscreen and Skin Care Products
You will also find links to our online store on the above pages.
If you have questions whether or not one of our products is suitable for you, feel free to contact us by calling 317-848-0001 or by clicking here to email us for further recommendations. We’ll be happy to help!
Contact Us About Procedures and Treatments for Wrinkles and Lines
If you have more questions and would like further information about our products, procedures or treatments for skin wrinkles and lines, or if you are ready to schedule an appointment, contact Turkle & Associates Plastic Surgery and Dermatology by clicking here for our online quick-contact email form or feel free to call us at 317-848-0001.
To be advised of special prices, sale events and other updates, you can click here to sign up for our monthly newsletter.
*Fees are approximate only and subject to physical examination and consultation. We do try to keep the fees on our website up to date, however be advised fees are subject to change without notice. Please feel free to inquire about any price changes.
Turkle & Associates Plastic Surgery and Dermatology’s video content is for informational and educational purposes only. Viewing of these videos should not be considered medical advice, diagnosis or a treatment recommendation. As with any health concern, always seek a consultation regarding a medical condition. Any questions concerning the content of these videos may be directed to Turkle & Associates Plastic Surgery and Dermatology at email@example.com or 317-848-0001.