Breast Enlargement with Breast Implants
Breast enlargement, or breast augmentation, at our Indianapolis Carmel practice is performed by Janet K. Turkle M.D. and she has absolutely beautiful results! Dr. Turkle is one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in Indianapolis and has performed thousands of breast augmentation surgeries. As recognition of being an expert in breast augmentation, she has been selected as a clinical investigator for breast implants.
Breast augmentation, also known as breast aug, breast enlargement or breast enhancement at our Indianapolis practice is a surgical procedure used to increase the size of a woman’s breasts using either cohesive gel (gummy bear), saline or silicone gel breast implants. Women may choose to have breast augmentation either to balance and enhance their overall figure, enhance their cleavage, to balance different sized breasts, or as a reconstructive technique following breast surgery. Whatever the specific purpose, women who undergo breast augmentation can expect larger, firmer, and more visually satisfying breasts.
You may find an increase in breast size can increase your self-confidence by giving you the figure you have always desired!
The Breast Augmentation Consultation
Generally, during your confidential consultation, you will first meet with our staff and watch a breast augmentation surgery video. Then you will meet with Dr. Turkle so she can get to know you as well as discuss your goals and expectations from the surgery. She will also discuss your medical history including any pregnancies, medications you may be on or prior illnesses.
We find many patients have trouble visualizing what their final surgical result will look like and some patients find it difficult to exactly communicate their goals from breast augmentation. In addition, talking cup size can be daunting as there is no standardization of cup size in the bra industry.
To bridge the gap, we use VECTRA 3D Imaging which provides a general simulation of what you might expect from your surgery.
The VECTRA Imaging procedure begins with a 3D photograph being taken of your breasts. We then use your actual image and the system tools to manipulate your photo using different types, profiles, and sizes of implants to show you simulated “after” photos giving you a realistic animation of what result you can expect after your procedure. Viewing and discussing these simulated photos with Dr. Turkle will help guide her in performing your surgery to your specifications so that you are sure to love the end result!
The Breast Augmentation Surgery
The breast enlargement surgery is done on an outpatient basis and you will be allowed to return home after being released by Dr. Turkle.
The augmentation surgery itself begins with an incision, made either in the crease underneath the breast, the armpit, or the perimeter of the areola (the dark skin surrounding the nipple). The placement of the incision will vary according to your goals and body type and the specifics of the procedure. A pocket is created either underneath the breast tissue or underneath the chest wall muscle. The breast implants are then placed in this pocket.
After Breast Augmentation Surgery
Once the incisions have been closed and taped, a surgical bra is applied. After breast augmentation discomfort may be greatly reduced through medication. A return to normal light activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a day or two. Swelling gradually subsides and becomes undetectable in a few months’ time. Stitches are buried and will dissolve on their own.
Before and After Photos of Breast Augmentation Surgery
Click to see our gallery of before and after photos of breast augmentation in Indianapolis and Carmel IN and more.
Individual links are as follows:
Cost for Breast Augmentation
The following is what you can expect for your price for breast augmentation surgery:
Breast Augmentation Cost:
$4625 for saline breast implants (warranty can be purchased for $200)
$5425 for silicone gel breast implants
$5825 for soft touch gel breast implants
$6425 for cohesive gel (gummy bear) breast implants
This breast augmentation pricing includes surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia fee, breast implants and your doctor visits after your surgery.*
Financing for Breast Augmentation
We do have several convenient payment plans available with special financing. Please see our information about financing for breast augmentation here.
Earn Brilliant Distinction Points with NATRELLE Gel Breast Implants!
Turkle & Associates Plastic Surgery and Dermatology and Phases Skin Care & Laser Center are happy to be a part of the Brilliant Distinctions rewards program which helps you save money and get discounts on some of our most popular procedures and products!
Once you enroll in Brilliant Distinctions, and have a breast augmentation with NATRELLE gel breast implants, you will earn points. Then you redeem your points for savings on select Allergan products and procedures, including: the dermal fillers JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC, JUVÉDERM XC, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA, and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE, CoolSculpting Non-Surgical Fat Reduction, BOTOX Injections, LATISSE for Lashes, KYBELLA to reduce double chins, and SkinMedica Skincare Products. PLUS, you’ll also receive Brilliant Distinction rewards points each of the previously mentioned Allergan products and procedures!
It will be our pleasure to help you enroll in Brilliant Distinctions so you can start saving!
The 24-Hour or Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation
Much has been made recently of the 24-hour fast, quick or rapid recovery breast augmentation. In fact, this is nothing new. Many of our patients return to most of their normal activities with 24 hours of surgery and to work within a day or two after surgery.
A 24-hour recovery depends on the patient’s attitude and compliance with directions, the surgeon’s skill, and the patient’s desires. Performing exercises following surgery to relax the tissues, use of the appropriate medication for pain if needed, and our very gentle surgical technique are all part of the equation.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a week off work if that is what you want to do, but you can just as easily go out to dinner the night of your surgery. In general, we recommend that our breast augmentation patients get up and about immediately following surgery. We ask that you hold off on cardio activity for about two weeks to avoid bleeding and that you avoid heavy lifting, pushing/pulling, or other strenuous upper body activities for the first six weeks.
If you would like to learn more about breast augmentation at our Indianapolis practice, call today to schedule a consultation at 317-848-0001 or contact us by email.
Breast Augmentation Video
Dr. Janet Turkle discusses breast augmentation, breast implants, types of breast implants, location and placement of breast implant, above or below the muscle, recovery and more. Dr Turkle also discusses the potential risks as well as other procedures that may be combined with breast augmentation like a breast lift.
Frequently Asked Questions
COSMETIC BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY (Breast Enhancement, Breast Enlargement, Breast Implants, Breast Expansion)
- What is the cost for breast augmentation in Indianapolis Indiana? The price estimate for breast augmentation is: $4625 for saline breast implants (warranty can be purchased for $200), $5425 for silicone gel breast implants, $5825 for soft touch gel breast implants, $6425 for cohesive gel (gummy bear) breast implants. These fees include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia fee, your doctor visits after surgery and breast implants at our Indy practice.*
- Do silicone, saline and cohesive gel implants come in different shapes? Yes, breast implants come in different shapes which are round or teardrop. Additionally, some come in different projections like the Classic Profile, Low Profile, Moderate Plus Profile, High Profile and Ultra High Profile. We will discuss your goals from the procedure to select the proper shape and profile for you.
- What is the most popular “cc” size for breast implants? We have found most women choose breast implants between 300 cc and 400 ccs. That being said, we use both larger and smaller cc breast implants and will work with you to get the result you desire.
- Where is the incision made for breast augmentation surgery? Common incision locations are the breast crease underneath the breast, in the underarm, or around the areola (pigmented skin surrounding the nipple). We will discuss your goals with you and give you advice as to what will work best for you.
- Is the breast implant placed above or below the chest muscle? Both are options.
- How long would I be off work after my breast augmentation or what is the recovery time after breast augmentation? The majority of people are out and about within 24 hours, but others may not be ready to return to work for 2-5 days. We will not limit your return – it depends on the type of work you do and your attitude.
- How long before I can exercise or swim after a breast augmentation? You can swim in three weeks or when your wounds are completely healed.You can start walking immediately.You can begin cardio and lower body exercise in two weeks.No push/pull exercise for six weeks after receiving breast implants
- How long do I need to wait to have sex after breast enhancement? You can have sex when you feel up to it. Your partner should avoid putting weight on your breasts for four to six weeks. Contact of the surgical area with oral secretions or body fluids is not recommended until the area is well healed.
- What type of breast implants do you use for the procedure? Saline breast implants, silicone gel breast implants and cohesive gel (gummy bear) breast implants.
- How many of these surgeries has Dr. Turkle done? Dr. Turkle has performed thousands of breast augmentations surgeries
- Can I still breastfeed after breast augmentation? Yes.
- Does an implant increase my cancer risk? No, studies have not shown any increased risk of cancer after having breast augmentation.
- Is there a way to perform non-surgical breast augmentation using my own tissue or fat? No.
- Does Dr. Turkle perform revisions of breast augmentation surgery or provide removal of breast implants? Yes.
- Does Dr. Turkle provide special or discounts on breast augmentation or breast implants? Discounts are at the discretion of the doctor. They will be happy to discuss this with you at the time of your appointment.
*Fees are approximate only and subject to physical examination and consultation. We do try to keep the fees on our website up to date, however be advised fees are subject to change without notice. Please feel free to inquire about any price changes.
Turkle & Associates Plastic Surgery and Dermatologys’ video content is for informational and educational purposes only. Viewing of these videos should not be considered medical advice, diagnosis or a treatment recommendation. As with any health concern, always seek a consultation regarding a medical condition. Any questions concerning the content of these videos may be directed to Turkle & Associates Plastic Surgery and Dermatology or 317-848-0001.