Nearly twenty years ago, Dr. Turkle established an aesthetics department within our surgical practice because she realized there are some problems that are better handled with less invasive treatment. In addition, it is her belief that there are many products and treatments that really work and that can delay the need for surgery or prolong one’s investment in surgery.
Your skin can’t glow if it is unhealthy, sun-damaged or aging. Professional skin care treatments and products can clean dead skin cells and debris from your skin, reduce pore size, reduce redness and hyperpigmentation, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, tighten lax skin, reduce hair and more. More complex problems such as rosacea and extremely sensitive skin can be treated as well.
Just as important is that skin care products that really work contain more active ingredients and penetrate more deeply into the skin than those you buy over-the-counter.
The licensed medical aestheticians at Phases Skin Care and Laser Center are the best trained and best qualified professionals in the state. They are specifically trained to function in a medical setting, under the supervision of board-certified plastic surgeons, to offer advanced therapies and the latest in aesthetic treatments and products. They receive regular continuing education to keep them up-to-date on the latest developments in their field.
We take pride in developing a personalized skin care treatment and product regimen for you. Whether you are interested in skin rejuvenation and resurfacing, skin tightening, body sculpting, facials, peels, laser hair removal or other services, your first step is to schedule an aesthetics consultation to discuss your needs, your goals and your timeline. Whether your skin has special needs or not, you will benefit from the expertise and experience of our medical aestheticians.
To learn more about professional skin care or any of the services or products offered by Phases, please click here to contact Phases Skin Care & Laser Center in Indianapolis by using our quick contact form or call us at 317-848-8101 today.
It’s the time of year when spring can’t come fast enough. Just when you think winter is finally finished, you wake to frost on the ground. And like us, you’re probably ready for an end to winter skin – being dry, flaky, red and itchy is as fun as trekking through freezing rain.
Though we can’t make warm days arrive sooner, there are easy steps to soothe skin and get it ready for spring.
1) Upgrade your moisturizer. Opt for an antioxidant-packed, emollient hydrator. For dry, aging skin we recommend SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream or TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream if you’re dry and redness-prone. Patients with oily skin – or those who simply prefer a lighter moisturizer – will love Skinprint’s B5 Bloom. This silky gel uses a high amount of sodium hyaluronate (similar to hyaluronic acid) to plump and hydrate skin without occlusion.
2) Turn down the thermostat. We know it’s tempting to turn the dial way up when it’s bone-chilling. But dry heat sucks moisture from skin and hair – which is no good when you’re already dehydrated. Bonus: You’ll save money on energy bills!
3) Cleanse your face the right way – ditch the bar soap. Soap can be drying, and in areas with hard water, like Indianapolis, soap mixes with mineral deposits to form scum. A fine layer of it can stay on skin, causing irritation and clogged pores. Opt for a gentle, water soluble cleanser like SkinMedica’s Facial Cleanser or Skinprint’s Sensitive Skin Cleanser.
4) Schedule a facial plus dermaplaning with one of our estheticians at Phases skincare center. Exfoliation is especially important this time of year as skin cells turnover slower during colder months. With dermaplaning, a small razor is brushed gently across the face to remove vellus hair (aka peach fuzz) and dead skin cells. This quick process leaves skin so soft and smooth. You may find that your anti-aging serum absorbs better. To really glow, follow dermaplaning with a gentle chemical peel!
5) If your skin has really taken a beating from winter weather, a deeper treatment might work best for you. Schedule a consultation with an aesthetician at Phases Skin & Laser Center and we’ll work with you to find a treatment that will get your skin glowing for the Spring!
Welcome back! I hope you’ve had a good summer. I can’t believe it’s coming to a close. Just a few more weeks of BBQs, weekends at the lake and splashing around the pool. I’ve touched on acne over the last few months, so let’s talk about something new.
Let’s go back to the basics of skincare for ALL skin types and conditions and why it is so important. First, it helps with its function. Our skin is the largest living organ of the body, so it has a very big job of keeping what’s inside protected. Therefore, it deserves care to keep it healthy and working properly. By cleansing, you’re removing the buildup of cells which can dull the complexion. Think of a brand new car, shiny and sparkling. Cleanse your skin and it will stay glowing, just like your new car’s paint!
Now we need to hydrate the skin so it can breathe (remember, it’s living). You can use a cream or a lotion to add moisture to the skin and keep it plumped up and healthy. Let’s think of those tires on the car. Maybe the rubber is a little dull and dried out. Putting a little oil on them makes them supple, just like you’d want your skin to be!
For the final step, let’s protect the skin with an SPF. Back to the car and it’s windows, they do have a little UV protection (especially if they’re tinted). Applying a broad-spectrum SPF can protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays, just like the window tint. There are powder and cream sunscreen options available. Some of my favorites are the new tinted sunscreens from SkinMedica and Sunforgettable mineral sunscreen from Colorescience.
May in Indy is full of flowers, the Indy 500, Memorial Day and the end of the school year. It is the month when we celebrate Moms (shouldn’t we ALWAYS celebrate them?).
If you are a mom, an aunt, a sister or a friend, you have probably seen or heard a teen lament about it. They suffer from it and it can be hard for them to know how to take care of it and get rid of it. What is it? Acne. That four-letter word. That thing that you hope no one else sees, so you try to disguise it with bangs, concealers and hats. Look no further than Phases Skin Care and Laser Center and our aestheticians with an extensive knowledge of how to treat the teen acne patient. They have every tool you could imagine to create a plan to help you and your teen get it cleared up before heading back to school in the fall. Skincare? Yes. Chemical peels? You bet. Laser treatments? Of course.
To learn more about teen acne or any of the services offered by Phases, please click here to contact Phases Skin Care & Laser Center in Indianapolis by using our quick contact form or call us at 317-848-8101 today. Let us help you and your teen feel better with clear, acne-free skin.