Breast Enlargement with Breast Implants
Breast enlargement, or breast augmentation, at our Indianapolis Carmel practice is performed by Janet K. Turkle M.D. and Dr. Stanley J. Harper and they have absolutely beautiful results! Dr. Turkle is one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in Indianapolis and has performed thousands of breast augmentation surgeries. The surgery can boost your self-confidence by giving you the figure you have always desired. The following is more information about breast augmentation.
Breast augmentation, also known as breast enlargement or breast enhancement at our Indianapolis practice is a surgical procedure used to increase the size of a woman’s breasts using either cohesive gel, saline or silicone gel breast implants. Women may choose to have breast augmentation either to enhance their figure, as a reconstructive technique following breast surgery, to balance different sized breasts, or to balance the contours of the body. Whatever the specific purpose, women who undergo breast augmentation can expect larger, firmer, and more visually satisfying breasts. Approximate price for breast augmentation:
Breast Augmentation Cost: $4575 for saline breast implants, $5,375 for silicone gel breast implants, $6,456 for cohesive gel breast implants. This includes surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia fee and the breast implants.
The Breast Augmentation Surgery
The breast enlargement surgery at our Indianapolis practice begins with an incision, made either in the crease underneath the breast, the armpit, or the perimeter of the areola (the dark skin surrounding the nipple). The placement of the incision will vary according to your goals and body type and the specifics of the procedure. A pocket is created either underneath the breast tissue or underneath the chest wall muscle. The breast implants are then placed in this pocket.
After Breast Augmentation Surgery
Once the incisions have been closed and taped, a surgical bra is applied. After breast augmentation discomfort may be greatly reduced through medication. A return to normal light activity is possible as soon as you feel ready, usually within a day or two. Swelling gradually subsides and becomes undetectable in a few months’ time. Stitches are buried and will dissolve on their own.
Click on the photo to the right to see before and after photos of breast augmentation and more.
The 24-Hour or Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation
Much has been made recently of the 24-hour fast, quick or rapid recovery breast augmentation. In fact, this is nothing new. Many of our patients return to most of their normal activities with 24 hours of surgery and to work within a day or two after surgery.
A 24-hour recovery depends on the patient’s attitude and compliance with directions, the surgeon’s skill, and the patient’s desires. Performing exercises following surgery to relax the tissues, use of the appropriate medication for pain if needed, and our very gentle surgical technique are all part of the equation.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a week off work if that is what you want to do, but you can just as easily go out to dinner the night of your surgery. In general, we recommend that our breast augmentation patients get up and about immediately following surgery. We ask that you hold off on cardio activity for about two weeks to avoid bleeding and that you avoid heavy lifting, pushing/pulling, or other strenuous upper body activities for the first six weeks.
If you would like to learn more about the 24-Hour Rapid Recovery for breast augmentation, call today to schedule a consultation at 317-848-0001 or contact us by email.
To find out if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation at our Indianapolis practice, contact Turkle & Associates today.
Frequently Asked Questions
COSMETIC BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY (Breast Enhancement, Breast Enlargement, Breast Implants, Breast Expansion)
- What is the cost for breast augmentation in Indianapolis Indiana?The price for breast augmentation is: $4,575 for saline breast implants $5,375 for silicone gel implants $6,456 for cohesive gel (gummy bear) implants. These fees include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia fee and breast implants at our Indy practice.
- Where is the incision made for breast augmentation surgery?Common incision locations are the breast crease underneath the breast, in the underarm, or around the areola (pigmented skin surrounding the nipple). We will discuss your goals with you and give you advice as to what will work best for you.
- Is the breast implant placed above or below the chest muscle?Both are options.
- How long would I be off work after my breast augmentation or what is the recovery time after breast augmentation?The majority of people are out and about within 24 hours, but others may not be ready to return to work for 2-5 days. We will not limit your return – it depends on the type of work you do and your attitude.
- How long before I can exercise or swim after a breast augmentation?You can swim in three weeks or when your wounds are completely healed.You can start walking immediately.You can begin cardio and lower body exercise in two weeks.No push/pull exercise for six weeks after receiving breast implants
- What type of breast implants do you use for the procedure?Saline breast implants, silicone gel breast implants and cohesive gel (gummy bear) breast implants.
- How many of these surgeries has Dr. Turkle done?
Dr. Turkle has performed thousands of breast augmentations surgeries
- Can I still breastfeed after breast augmentation?Yes.
- Does an implant increase my cancer risk?No, studies have not shown any increased risk of cancer after having breast augmentation.
- Is there a way to perform non-surgical breast augmentation using my own tissue or fat?No.
- Does Dr. Turkle or Dr. Harper perform revisions of breast augmentation surgery or provide removal of breast implants?Yes.
- Does Dr. Turkle or Dr. Harper provide special or discounts on breast augmentation or breast implants?